Monday 18 November 2013

Norman Reedus turned down 'Tomorrowland' role as George Clooney's dad

Norman Reedus has explained why he turned down a role in Tomorrowland.

Directed by Brad Bird, Tomorrowland is a sci-fi adventure movie starring George Clooney as an inventor and Hugh Laurie as the villan. Britt Robertson, Judy Greer and Kathryn Hahn also feature in the movie.



Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon in 'The Walking Dead'


Norman Reedus in 'The Walking Dead'





BAFTA Britannia Awards, Los Angeles, America - 09 Nov 2013 George Clooney


Reedus revealed to Vulture that he would have played George Clooney's father if he had accepted the role but turned it down because of a hair issue.


He explained: "With Tomorrowland, there was an issue about cutting my hair. It's a period film, and I would have played the father of George Clooney, but the haircut, the pictures they sent me, it looked like some sort of a hair croissant on the top of your head. And I was like, How am I going to pull that off? I have really long wild guy hair right now, and it just wouldn't work."


Reedus went on to explain what jobs he is looking for outside AMC zombie drama The Walking Dead .



Norman Reedus as Daryl and Melissa McBride as Carol in 'The Walking Dead' S04E01: '30 Days Without An Accident'


Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride in 'The Walking Dead'




"This show is my bread and butter, and it's my heart," he said. "And I don't want to just do a giant blockbuster that's going to disappear. I want a film that means something, and then I'll go back to my highly watched, super-popular television show.


"I'm not opposed to big-budget films, and there are certain directors that I absolutely love that do them - Guillermo [del Toro], David Fincher. But it's a fine line. Maybe I'll just do Portlandia! I could just walk around going, 'Cacao! Cacao!'"


Tomorrowland is scheduled for a 2015 release.


Season four of The Walking Dead airs on AMC in the US and on Fox in the UK.








via All - Digital Spy - Entertainment and Media News

0 comments:

Post a Comment