Friday 28 March 2014

Cobie Smulders on Her Laid-Back Approach to Health: No Spin, Bikram Yoga, or Strict Diets!


Cobie Smulders, SelfDavid Gubert for SELF


While Cobie Smulders may be best known for smoldering on the silver screen as Robin Scherbatsky on How I Met Your Mother, in reality, the actress has a very laid-back approach when it comes to maintaining her enviable figure.


And her take on diet and exercise is incredibly refreshing in the fitness-obsessed world of Hollywood, as the 31-year-old stunner admits in the latest issue of Self magazine, "I've never been the person who's like, 'I've got to get a four-pack of abs!'"


But that doesn't mean the brunette beauty, who is married to SNL star Taran Killam, doesn't make her health a huge priority. So how does she maintain her stunning frame? It's all about moderation, according to the CBS star.


NEWS: Cobie Smulders covers Fashion mag, talks life post-How I Met Your Mother


"I know my body's limits. I've never enjoyed Spin classes, where they're like, 'Push it further!' I'm like, 'No. If I pull something, I can't work tomorrow,'" she tells Self, while looking stunning on the cover. "That's why I gave up Bikram yoga. One day I basically found myself in a split, and I was like, 'Oh! I'm so flexible!' The next day: 'I can't move.' So I started doing Yin yoga. It's 90 minutes of intense stretching. You hold each pose for five minutes. It's a stress reliever. The warrior poses are great for building muscle."


The brunette beauty tells the mag she tries to "take an exercise class twice a week" and revealed that her favorite workout is The Bar Method because "I'm not a sweaty mess when we get to my favorite part of class -- the end."


She also takes a similar approach to her diet, eating healthy while also indulging in her favorite foods from time to time.


"My usual day: a green smoothie for breakfast -- if I want to get fancy, it's eggs on arugula -- fruit for a snack, a salad with protein for lunch, and fish and quinoa for dinner," she said. "I'll have pasta two out of seven meals. And if I have 3 bites of my husband's mac & cheese, I don't kill myself! I just slowdown and enjoy it, instead of shoveling it in my face."


As for her beauty regimen? The actress treats herself to a facial every few months, which she says is like "getting your car washed" and she also swears by her Clarisonic exfoliating brush.


VIDEO: Glam Cam 360: Cobie smulders


Cobie Smulders, SelfDavid Gubert for SELF


"It sounds and looks like a sex toy, so when I use it, I'm like, 'I'm doing something for my face, honey! It's for my face!'" she says.


And her fearless and laid-back take on life has led to find true happiness.


"When I was younger, my life was about getting to the next level. 'If I just get another season of this show, it's going to be OK'…But I've learned if you package your happiness with if-only goals, you'll never really be happy. There's always something more you'll want. So, now, I just try to stay present and remember how awesome I have it."


Wise words, girl.


PHOTOS: HIMYM unanswered questions


VIDEOS:








via E! Online (US) - Top Stories

0 comments:

Post a Comment