Thursday 27 March 2014

Daniel Radcliffe reveals movie musical hopes: 'I want it to be weird'

Daniel Radcliffe has revealed that he has aspirations to star in a movie musical.

The actor told Entertainment Weekly that he has long wanted to appear in an off-kilter musical in the style of Romance & Cigarettes.


Daniel Radcliffe shooting scenes for the film remake of 'Frankenstein'



"I would love to do a big film musical. I think when they're done right, they're incredibly exciting and fun and cool," he said.

"Everyone thinks of the ones that come to mind immediately like Grease and things like that, but what was that slightly bizarre but wonderful John Turturro film? Romance & Cigarettes.


"It's a bizarre musical, and I love weird, interesting, different stuff like that."


Radcliffe also discussed returning to Broadway for writer Martin McDonagh's The Cripple Of Inishmaan, following his run on the London stage.


"It was all in all a really, really great experience last year [in London]," he explained. "I love the play, I've worked on Broadway shows twice now, and I love working and living in New York.


Daniel Radcliffe attends the premiere of 'Kill Your Darlings' at Odeon West End, London

© Anthony Devlin/PA Wire






"It's one of those situations where the chance to spend a lot of time in a city that I love doing a play that I love was really, really exciting."

The actor continued: "I like dark comedy, I think I've always liked watching it as well as doing it. I know that Martin is a very dark writer, and actually this is one of his least violent plays. What I think is impressive about the play as a whole is that it manages to be so cruel but also has this heart.


"When you think about the play at first, you think about it as this dark comedy, but I actually don't think people expected it to have this really heartbreaking, very beautiful, very tender side to it as well, and I think that's what makes it work.


"I feel like the last scene from this play leaves the theater with people when they go."


Radcliffe is currently shooting a new Frankenstein movie in London.








via All - Digital Spy - Entertainment and Media News

0 comments:

Post a Comment