Tuesday 25 March 2014

Diddy Did Stop Being Puff Daddy: Here's The Proof


We believe it was the great hip-hop philosopher Pusha T who said, My Name is My Name.


Clearly, though, Sean Combs never got the memo about how important a consistent stage name is. The Bad Boy boss has changed his so many times over the past 20 years it's hard to keep up.



He was born Sean John Combs in 1969, was known as Puff in his grade school years, then Puff Daddy when he blew up as a rapper in the late 90s, then Puffy, briefly PuffMagicDiddy (but only by Ben Stiller), Diddy, P. Diddy and now, well, seemingly Puff Daddy again
.


Only, if you believe what he said Monday night, he did not change his name, because he "always" has been and will always be PUFF DADDY (his caps, not ours).


Now, we're in no position to challenge the word of the label boss/entrepreneur/rapper/clothing magnate, but, well, he's kind of lying.


"No more Puff Daddy," Diddy told MTV in March 2001
 in the aftermath of his acquittal on gun-possession and bribery charges in the wake of a much-publicized trial following the 1999 Club New York shootings. "The first week in June we're gonna have a name change ceremony ... I'm not doing it as serious as Prince [but] I just want something fresh ... I'm rockin' with P. Diddy now — my man Biggie gave me that name."







via MTV News

0 comments:

Post a Comment