Tuesday 25 March 2014

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's 'Hercules' Trailer: Watch Now


Is there a role more suited to Dwayne Johnson a.k.a. The Rock a.k.a. The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment than that of Hercules? I'm going to go ahead and say "no."


The pro wrestler-turned-Most Underrated Actor in Motion Pictures has been teasing his take on the demigod for months with tweets from the set, and now fans finally get to see Hercules in action.


The first trailer for the big-budget summer movie has just gone online, and it's everything we could have asked for from a Hercules movie starring Dwayne Johnson. Additionally, there's a tease of a fight between The Rock and a gigantic lion, which I believe is something director Brett Ratner ripped off from my most personal, private dreams.


A big-screen version of Hercules has been Johnson's dream role for years, and when MTV News spoke with him before production began, he shared some of his enthusiasm for the character and his cinematic history.


"Understand, for me when I was a kid, Hercules was always a hero of mine, from Steve Reeves to the multiple guys who have played Hercules, but the idea and the notion of this man," he said. "When I first got into movies, I thought, 'Gosh, I would love to do that one day.' I always thought that the version of Hercules that I want to play was one that was more dramatic and survived in barren lands and not necessarily slick in any way or anything like that. It's been around and been on my mind for some time."


"Hercules" opens in theaters on July 25.







via MTV News

0 comments:

Post a Comment