Saturday 29 March 2014

Lindsay Lohan: 'Oprah's been a strong guiding light'

Lindsay Lohan has admitted that TV host Oprah Winfrey has become a mentor to her.

The actress - who has her own docuseries Lindsay on the broadcaster's OWN network - described Winfrey as a "guiding light" in her life.



Oprah Winfrey with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award



Lindsay Lohan in London




Speaking to Ellen DeGeneres on the comic's talkshow, to be aired on Monday (March 31), Lohan revealed that she and Winfrey are in almost constant contact.

"I speak to her almost every day and she's just… she's been so amazing to me," she explained. "Just, you know, for everything.


"[Before Lindsay premiered] I started getting really, like, panicked about it and I just called her and she was just talking me through it... and she got me really into meditation."


She added: "She's just been a really strong guiding light and force to me as a friend and someone that I admire."




Winfrey revealed last September that she nearly cancelled the docuseries, as she was unsure whether the 27-year-old could handle the responsibility of regular filming post-rehab.


In last weekend's (March 23) episode of Lindsay, the talk show host told the actress to "cut out the bulls**t" and turn up to the studios on time if she wanted the show to be a success.


"You are going to have to prove the naysayers wrong," she said to Lohan


"The vultures are waiting to pick your bones. And that shouldn't frighten you, that should liberate you, because if I were you, I wouldn't let them have me."


Lindsay airs Sundays at 10/9c on OWN.


Watch a clip from the show below:








via All - Digital Spy - Entertainment and Media News

0 comments:

Post a Comment