Wednesday 26 March 2014

Logan Lerman Says 'Percy Jackson 3' Is Officially Dead


Logan Lerman won't be returning to the role of Percy Jackson in a third film based on the long running YA fantasy series of the same name. In fact, a third movie won't be happening at all.


"It's not happening," Lerman said when MTV News asked about a threequel at the junket for Darren Aronofsky's upcoming biblical fantasy "


Lerman starred as the title character in 2010's "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief," as well as last year's "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters." The first two movies followed the title character, the demigod son of Poseidon as he survived the life of a hero-in-training at Half-Blood Camp while battling the forces of the Titan Kronos.


The award-winning "Percy Jackson: The Titan's Curse" would have been the next book in the series coming to the big screen — presumably in 2015 or 2016, if the pace of the first two films' release was continued — following Percy and his allies' attempts to rescue the goddess Artemis and Percy's long-time friend Annabeth from the clutches of their kidnappers.


"It's been a great experience for me," Lerman said of the role. "It's opened up a lot of doors for me, but I don't think it's happening." One of those doors is playing the role of Ham, middle son of Noah (Russell Crowe) in Aronofsky's ("The Fountain") epic flood fantasy. It was a role that he wasn't even sure he'd be offered.


"I was interested in this movie before I even knew what it was. I heard that Darren Aronofsky was making a film, and there [were] potentially two roles that I could play, and I was like, 'I'm in for either one of them.' "


Initially, the actor went in to audition for the role of Shem (which would ultimately go to his co-star Douglas Booth), when the director asked him to read for the part of Ham. "It was actually the role I wanted more," Lerman says. "It's the role I liked more. There's a lot of tension between [Ham] and Noah throughout the script and I really responded to that."


"Noah" will be in theaters March 28th.







via MTV News

0 comments:

Post a Comment