Friday 7 March 2014

Yami Gautam: 'Acting is a tough job but I won't compromise my values'

Yami Gautam has revealed her personal experiences of finding fame in Indian cinema.

In an interview with Digital Spy, the former TV star revealed that it was not easy to forge a career in Bollywood.


Yami Gautam

© Getty Images / STR/AFP






"Definitely it's tough," she admitted. "Its one of the toughest professions I feel. Everyday it's new. You have to be mentally strong. It's a very consuming place. Its difficult when your family are not physically around you.

"You have to be very strong and head strong to make your place. You have to know how to say no. Patience is very important. You have to keep working on something or the other. You also can't waste time here. You have to adapt yourself really fast."


Gautam, who came to fame in the National Award-winning Vicky Donor said fame took some getting used to.


"Initially I was really uncomfortable, but honestly, now I love it," she explained. "People tell you how much they love your performance. I love it. It was very difficult initially. I was very quiet at college and had a certain group of friends. Of course I'm a very-fun loving person with my close friends but now I'm OK with people approaching me."


Total Siyaapa




The actress, who is known for maintaining a firm line in relation to onscreen nudity and kissing scenes, told DS that while she is keen to experiment with varied roles, she will not compromise on her values.

Gautam proclaimed: "Yes I do come with certain reservations and I'm not OK with certain things but rather than focusing on what I don't want to do, I focus on what I do want to do and I bring that energy and that happens. It's most about how you think about yourself and there's no need to be sorry about it. It may take a bit of time but in the end people will respect you for it."


Starring in the comedy Total Siyapaa, Gautam plays a Punjabi TV reporter who falls in love with a Pakistani rock star played by Ali Zafar.


The film explores the hurdles the couple most go through to convince their respective parents to accept their relationship.


Total Siyapaa is released today (March 7).


Watch the trailer below:








via All - Digital Spy - Entertainment and Media News

0 comments:

Post a Comment