Thursday 27 March 2014

Yo Gotti Appreciates 50 Cent's Advice On Music And Business


One of the recent tracks 50 Cent shared from his Animal Ambition album includes a feature from Yo Gotti, and during his visit to on Wednesday, the Memphis rapper explained that his relationship with Fif extends beyond "Don't Worry 'Bout It."


Gotti said that 50 reached out about working together on his last trip to New York, but they met years ago.


"The first time I talked to 50 I met him thru Chris Lighty," he said. "Chris was my first real manager I ever had, so he took me to a 50 movie premiere, I bumped into 50, I chopped it up with him [and told him] I'm one of the biggest 50 fans too."


"I studied him," Gotti added. "Business-wise, I think he's one of the smartest business people in the rap game, as far as an artist. I [talked to him] on the phone two or three times, and he would just give me game about the game in general."


"To me, that was big. If I had never done nothing with him, just the fact that he reached out to me and was giving me game because he [saw] what I was doing."


And as far as recording, "Don't Worry 'Bout It," nobody broke a sweat. "That was nothing, we knocked that out easy."


Yo Gotti dropped his most recent album I Am in November, and 50 Cent's Animal Ambition LP is expected to arrive on June 3.







via MTV News

0 comments:

Post a Comment