Monday 17 March 2014

Bachelor's Juan Pablo Galavis on doing another season: "Hell no"

Juan Pablo Galavis has ruled out ever starring in another season of The Bachelor.

The Venezuelan reality star's time on the ABC series was marred with controversy, due to complaints about his treatment of female contestants and for making anti-gay remarks.


Juan Pablo Galavis on the 'Extra' TV programme set, Los Angeles

© Rex Features / Press Line Photos/SIPA






There have even been reports that Dancing with the Stars producers decided against signing Galavis up for their own series due to the public backlash.

Galavis has now written a blog for People , in which he blamed his "honesty" for the souring public opinion.


He wrote: "When I was announced as The Bachelor, Chris Harrison said, 'In the history of this show, no guy has made a greater impact with less screen time' [during Desiree Hartsock's season of The Bachelorette]. Have you thought about why people apparently liked me at the time? Why I didn't have that much screen time?


"Well, so you guys understand a little bit more, it is because of my honesty and that I don't like drama at all - something that viewers appreciated from the little they saw of me on The Bachelorette... I believe my direct approach and honesty unfortunately ended up hurting some of the women and that was never my intention.


Juan Pablo Galavis at the 2014 Disney ABC Winter TCA Press Tour, Los Angeles

© Rex Features / Byron Purvis/AdMedia/SIPA






"I have always cared deeply about the women and have stayed true to myself and wanted to be respectful of them and not waste their time. I believe I have a different style than others who have been on this show."

Galavis went on to rule out ever appearing on The Bachelor again, if his relationship with winner Nikki Ferrell does not work out.


"I will always be thankful for the opportunity, but if you asked me to do it again, I would definitely say, 'HELLLLL NOOOOO'," he concluded.


The Bachelor airs on ABC.








via All - Digital Spy - Entertainment and Media News

0 comments:

Post a Comment