Sunday 30 March 2014

Christine McVie reflects on leaving Fleetwood Mac: Music left my life

Christine McVie has reflected on the 16 years that she spent away from Fleetwood Mac.

The group announced last week that Christine will rejoin Fleetwood Mac for a US tour, following a special reunion in the UK late last year.


Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and Dave Stewart at the 'In Your Dreams' premiere in London - September 16, 2013



McVie has spoken to Rolling Stone about her life in England after walking away from the 'Don't Stop' band back in 1998.

"Music left my life for a while, to be honest," she explained. "It wasn't that I didn't like it, but you know, I'm not really a solo player. I have always needed other musicians to bounce off."


She continued: "Of course, the ultimate band being the band that I have just rejoined, so, I couldn't imagine doing anything with anyone else.


"I did make a solo album [2004's In the Meantime] in my house when I was there. And because I was just afraid of flying, I wouldn't promote it and I wouldn't tour. Actually, it wasn't a very good album anyway - it got buried underneath the pits of hell, I suppose."


McVie's return to Fleetwood Mac came about last year, after reconnecting with drummer Mick Fleetwood on a trip to his home in Maui.


Christine McVie

© PA Images / Fiona Hanson/PA Archive






"It is a time warp; it is very, very happy," she declared. "None of the nonsense with the drink and the nasty stuff. We're all grown up, of course."

The singer went on to say: "One thing that we definitely have is chemistry and respect for each other's music, and [Lindsey Buckingham] and I play well off each other.


"We have great rapport; he loves working on my songs and I love what he does with my songs, not to mention the fabulous rhythm section. So I'm a pig in a pile of poo really."


Fleetwood Mac kick off the tour in Minneapolis, MN on September 30.


Watch the group perform 'World Turning' below:








via All - Digital Spy - Entertainment and Media News

0 comments:

Post a Comment