Wednesday 19 March 2014

Coronation Street's Lisa George: 'I can relate to Beth over online abuse'

Coronation Street actress Lisa George has revealed that she could relate to her character Beth Tinker over her online abuse storyline.

Beth is left delighted when she is rewarded with £5,000 for her bravery over the recent mugging ordeal, but her happiness is short-lived when she reads derogatory comments about herself online, in scenes to be aired next week.



Lisa George as Beth Tinker in Coronation Street


Lisa George as Beth Tinker





Beth is taken with Kirk, but offended when he would rather play darts than sit with her


Beth and Kirk in Coronation Street




George told Inside Soap : "It's horrible and a real shock for Beth to read what people are saying about her. I felt that myself when I first joined Corrie.


"People go online to say good and bad things. The trouble is that there can be 2,000 good comments and two bad ones, and all you remember is the bad ones. I can relate to that because I'm quite a sensitive soul myself.


"This really hurts Beth because it is so unexpected. You'd think she would say 'bog off' to them, but she doesn't. This gets to her."



Beth tells Kirk that she's concerned about Craig.




George also revealed that she would like to see Beth and on-screen partner Kirk get married in the future.

"I'd love it," she said. "When Beth and Kirk first got together, I never imagine it could actually work, but it does. Now Beth doesn't know what she would do without him.


"I really want them to have a wedding and she'd have to wear one of those 'big fat gypsy wedding' dresses. She's the sort that would have two poodles as bridesmaids, with bows in their hair - that's exactly how I envisage her wedding day."


Digital Spy Soap Scoop video - press play below for gossip on Les Dennis's arrival in Coronation Street, a tense funeral day in EastEnders, Belle's big Emmerdale confession and a wedding day disaster in Hollyoaks:


Get the Inside Soap magazine on your iPhone or iPad






via All - Digital Spy - Entertainment and Media News

0 comments:

Post a Comment