Sunday 23 March 2014

The Originals star explains exit: 'This is a temporary absence'

Warning: This article contains spoilers that some readers may prefer to avoid.

A former Originals cast member has opened up about their exit from the show.



The cast of The Originals




Claire Holt 's character - Original vampire Rebekah - departed in the 16th episode 'Farewell to Storyville' when she was exiled by her brother Klaus.

However, the actress stated that she sees her departure as "temporary", explaining that she wanted to spend more time at home.


Praising The Originals as well as parent show The Vampire Diaries, Holt told BuzzFeed : "This show has been so amazing for my career, and I've had such unbelievable material. It was just never my intention to be away from home this long.


"It was a tough choice that I didn't fully make right up until the end, because I was enjoying myself so much. But three seasons later, I realised I hadn't been home to Australia in years. I hadn't seen my family, and I hadn't spent time with the people I loved.


"But I want to make it so clear that this show has such a special place in my heart. I am so glad I was about to do The Originals, and I want to be part of that family for a long time. I am simply looking at this as a temporary absence."



The Originals s01e16 ('Farewell to Storyville')


Claire Holt in The Originals






Executive producer Julie Plec hinted that Rebekah may return in flashbacks, saying: "The opportunity exists for all the family members to return, because they have a thousand years of history."

Discussing the remainder of the Originals' first season, the creator added: "In ending Rebekah's journey, we opened up a lot of room in the final chapter of the season, which is really exploring all these different factions we've introduced along the way - the witches, the werewolves, the humans, Klaus playing all sides, and now Elijah stepping into that leadership role to keep some semblance of peace.


"You've got a lot of people who all want the same thing - control of the quarter - trying to play a dicey game of backstabbing and manipulation that won't end well."


The Originals airs on Tuesdays on Syfy in the UK and on The CW in the US.








via All - Digital Spy - Entertainment and Media News

0 comments:

Post a Comment